1. Thick jumpers and wool socks- my tootsies salute you, fluffy bed socks.
2. Skype- to be able to turn on a little device and see someone you miss dearly who is too far away to see face to face is a wonderful thing.
3. Calm Cabin Stewards- A nervous flier relies on these people show them how to breathe deeply and remain rational.
4. Pets- a cuddle, a lick, a cheeky doggy grin; these small furry things cheer you up exactly at the moment you are about to cry/scream in frustration/ panic. They are unconditional and they expect nothing in return.
5. The ability to run- or walk for that matter. I had one fantastic run earlier this week which put me in a really good place for my marathon in a couple of weeks time. The views were indescribable and I definitely earned my chocolate popcorn.
6. Smiling- it’s a bit like a secret code, isn’t it? Anyone one can do it- you don’t have to be acquainted with a person to brighten their day with a grin.
7. The Exorcist- this may seem odd, especially since I am not a horror films fan, but the quality of production, acting, and music is considerably higher than any other horror film I’ve seen lately.
8. Folk music- this music genre is history embodied, and most songs I’ve heard give me shivers. The different modes, quirky intervals, and powerful imagery all culminate to create a bittersweet melody.
9. My own set of keys- I can come and go as I please! I have been accepted! I am a special person in this person’s eyes! Even if I am getting carried away, not everyone is responsible enough to wield the power of a spare set of somebody else’s keys.
10. Going home- today I’m going home and I’d be lying if I said I haven’t been pining for my home, my family, my friends. Now that I get so little time at home, I treasure every single second I get with my ‘V.I.P’s.
What are you grateful for this week?
I give all credit for this blog post idea to Cider For Rosie, who by the way is a very entertaining and creative blogger. Go and have a little read.